Enjoy a scenic trip on the River Parrett
Langport’s community boat, The Duchess of Cocklemoor, operates regularly from Spring to Autumn.
- To cover running costs we suggest a minimum £60 donation for a maximum of 12 people, (to be paid to the skipper on the day)
- Smaller groups can be accommodated but running costs are unfortunately the same, (we recommend that you try and get as close as possible to the 12)
- The trip will take in the region of an hour. Longer trips by consultation.
- All bookings are provisional and will depend upon availability of skipper and crew
- Once you have completred the enquiry form, you will be contacted by Ian Macnab, our resident skipper, to confirm or offer alternative dates.
Enjoy a unique view of the Somerset Levels, an area rich in history and legend.
Look out for wildlife including otters and kingfishers, herons and the famous Somerset cranes, which can often be seen flying along the River Parrett.
Interested in bird watching, wildlife or history tours? Let us know and we can arrange for experts to be on board to provide fascinating local information and insight as you cruise along the beautiful River Parrett.
Duchess River Trip Enquiry
If you are interested in joining The Friends of the Duchess, and/or would like to train up to skipper or crew the Duchess please complete the form HERE >> and we will be in touch.
Make it a special and memorable journey by bringing your own picnic and drinks, or arrange provisions and hospitality from our local Langport supporters.
ART TEA ZEN
Tel: 01458 250635
THE ANGEL CAFE
Tel: 01458 250216
KITCHEN BAKERY & CAFE
Tel: 01458 254354